Sunday, November 7, 2010
Labyrinth Event: November 14, 2010: 7 to 8 am: Spanish Banks
I have been asked to draw a labyrinth at Spanish Banks this weekend, weather permitting, during the above times. Sunrise for this 'Walk,' is predicted to be at 7:21 am. Please wear rubber boots or other foot wear that will permit you to cross cold tidal pools. For directions, please check my Blog entry:
Solstice Labyrinth: Monday June 21 from 9 am to 12 noon
Also be sure to check my Blog Sunday morning for confirmation of this event.
- ► 2016 (15)
- ► 2012 (21)
- ► 2011 (41)
- A new look to the Blog and plans for traveling
- Labyrinth Event for today is canceled because of t...
- Labyrinth Event: Today, Monday, November 29, 2010 ...
- Labyrinth Event: Monday, November 29, 2010 from 6:...
- Labyrinth Event for November 14th, 2010 is cancele...
- Update for the November 14, 2010 'Walk' at Spanish...
- Labyrinth Event: November 14, 2010: 7 to 8 am: Spa...
- ▼ November (7)
- walking a labyrinth
- This Blog is for people looking for an outdoor labyrinth to walk in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. These Events are outdoors, on the foreshore of the ocean, so they are weather permitting events. Please check my Blog for Event day confirmation when weather might be an issue. Walking a Labyrinth is like accepting an invitation to pray, meditate, contemplate, dream, celebrate or play; a place to find inspiration, satisfy a curiosity, examine metaphor, mythology or simply, a place to explore liminal space: a 'betwixt and between' place. . . Labyrinths are drawn on the foreshore, betwixt the nearshore and the backshore, between the low and high water marks to present liminal space as a physical location. Labyrinths may also be drawn during liminal time: dusk or dawn and/or solstice or equinox. Victor W Turner has described liminality as "a fructile chaos, a storehouse of possibilities, not a random assemblage but a striving after new forms and structures, a gestation process." My vision is that when you walk a labyrinth on the foreshore, you will access liminal space. For information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org